The final piece did not turn out how I expected however, I am happy with the results. If I were to re-do the scene I would perhaps work on creating better textures to make them look better and a little more realistic. The scene was very challenging as it required me to make complex models such as the dragon head and the cerberus heads.
For some of the objects such as the floor and the shelves. I put a material over the mesh without UVing it. For some of the organs in jars and the door-handle I simply put a blinn with a colour. With other objects which had more specific colours such as the severed heads in jars and on the walls, I used the UV map to texture.
I created almost all of the the textures are done using a mixture of the painting tools in Photoshop and photographs that I took. The zombie head was a mixture of parts of my eyes, eyebrows and ears. The wallpaper was created using a pattern on a cussion and repeating it. and wood textures I had taken for the skirting.